Terms and Conditions
These terms (the “Agreement”) govern your attendance and participation in Navigator (the “Event”). By registering for the Event, you agree to these terms, which form a binding contract between the International Academies of Emergency Dispatch (“IAED”) and the registered attendee or participant (“you”). If you are registering on behalf of another individual, it is your responsibility to ensure the person attending is aware of these terms and accepts them. By completing the registration on behalf of another individual you are warranting that you have made the attendee or participant aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
- Attendee Requirements
- Your registration entitles you to admittance to the Event. Any and all other costs associated with your attendance (including travel and accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by you, IAED shall have no liability for such costs.
- Attendees assume all risks associated with traveling, teaching, and attending the conference. You formally acknowledge all responsibility for COVID-19 related incidents or risks that may arise due to onsite activities. IAED is not responsible for local COVID-19 related requirements.
- By attending the Event you agree to grant IAED, and its affiliates, the right to use, store and collect your personal information and to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media form and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate such your information, in perpetuity, without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant includes the right to edit such media, to use it alone or with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate it. Such media may be used for any lawful purpose, including publishing, reproducing, exhibiting, advertising, podcasts, social media, website content, or the like. You acknowledge that all media are wholly owned by the IAED and you waive any right to royalties or other compensation related to IAED’s use of your information.
- You agree that IAED reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Event, including, the Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, performers, hosts, moderators, venue, and time.
- Attendee badges must be worn at all times in Event areas. Badges will be scanned at various checkpoints throughout the venue, including at sponsor booths. You consent to your name and email being shared with sponsors when you permit them to scan your badge at the Event.
- It is the sole responsibility of the attendee to take care of any government travel visa requirements. Attendees who require an entry visa should allow sufficient time for the application procedure. IAED will not contact embassies or consulates on your behalf or provide any assistance relating to visa issues. Failure to obtain an entry visa does not constitute a valid basis for a refund.
- Prohibited Conduct
- By registering and paying for the Event, you agree not to share, sell or trade your badge. If IAED determines that you have violated this policy, it may cancel your badge(s), retain any payments made by you, report you to law enforcement authorities, and ban you from future Events.
- You acknowledge and agree that IAED reserves the right to remove you from the Event if IAED, in its sole discretion, determines that your presence or behavior creates a disruption or hinders the enjoyment of the Event by other attendees. All IAED badges are the property of IAED and must be returned to IAED upon request.
- Photography, Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping. Attendees may not record or broadcast audio or video of sessions at IAED Events. IAED allows cameras on the show floor. Attendees may take pictures within the show for purposes of company or annual reports, company media pieces, marketing materials, etc.
- IAED reserves the right to deny admission to anyone who engages in or is reputed to engage in unethical or non-compliant business practices.
- IAED may also exclude any prospective attendee from registering or attending any Event, in IAED’s sole discretion. IAED reserves the right to cancel any attendee’s registration upon refund of the admission fees paid to IAED; provided the cancellation is for violating any prohibition or requirement set forth in this Section 2, IAED may retain all fees paid.
- The payment of the applicable fees for the Event is due upon registration. If such payment is insufficient or declined for any reason IAED may refuse to admit you to the Event without liability.
- The fees may be subject to sales, value-added, or other taxes which, if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fees.
- Cancellation, Substitution, and Lost Badge Policy
- You can cancel by logging back into your registration and clicking on “unregister.” Cancellations completed by June 10, 2021 will be refunded minus 50 percent processing fee or you may choose a “credit” for the whole amount toward your next event. No refunds or credits will be issued after June 10, 2021. However, a full refund will be awarded to all registrants, only if IAED cancels the live event and no virtual conference is offered due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Attendee changes or substitutions may be made to any attendee registration until the first day of the Event. Such requests must be sent to email@example.com. The subject line must state “NAME CHANGE REQUEST.” Substitutions or changes done on site after the Event has commenced will be subject to a $40 administrative service charge. However, once you have received your badge on site, it cannot be changed, substituted, or reissued to a different person.
- If your badge is lost, a replacement will only be issued at the current onsite rate.
- Registration Confirmation, IAED Updates, and Social Networking Platform
- Once you have completed your registration, you will receive a confirmation by email. Please ensure that a valid email is entered on the registration form. Check your junk email box in case any IAED email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- You will receive essential information for registered attendees electronically at the email/mailing address provided on your registration form.
- Should you choose to download the Event mobile app, the contact information that you share in the app will be available for viewing by other Event attendees. You will also have the option to connect with other Event attendees via the mobile app.
- If you would like to opt-out of any of these benefits, please let us know. Please be aware that this opt-out is a general opt-out and you may not receive important announcements or updates related to the Event. IAED will only send Event-specific announcements and updates to the email address you provide and will not use that email address for other marketing activities without your consent.
- Intellectual Property
All intellectual property rights to the Event, its content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by IAED or the Event sponsors/presenters. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks or other trade names appearing at the Event, in any Event content or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Event without the prior written permission of IAED. Nothing in this Agreement provides you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by IAED; nor does this grant to you any right to any other intellectual property rights of IAED, all of which remain the exclusive property of IAED.
- Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability
- IAED gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Event or its materials and, to the fullest extent of the law, disclaims all implied warranties, including those of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. IAED does not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the Event or any information provided at the Event.
- Except as required by law, IAED shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or related aspect.
- The maximum aggregate liability of IAED for any claim connected with, or arising from, the Event, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including negligence), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to IAED under this Agreement.
IAED’s failure to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights. IAED shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations where such failure results from any cause beyond IAED’s reasonable control. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, that provision shall be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force. This Agreement is not assignable nor transferable by you except with IAED’s prior written consent. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Utah and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Utah. The prevailing party to an action brought under this Agreement is entitled to recover from the other reasonable attorneys’ fees. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete statement of understanding between them and supersedes all previous written and oral agreements and understandings relating to the subject matter herein, and that all modifications must be in writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided. No partnership or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority to bind IAED in any respect whatsoever.
More information can be found at http://www.emergencydispatch.org/PrivacyPolicy